Thursday 28 April 2016

Thanks sew much for Sugar Nellie

Hello lovely peeps

 I'm very excited to announce that I have been invited to be on the Sugar Nellie design team for the next four months. Woo hoo! What an honour, I'm very chuffed :D


I came across some lovely sewing themed papers that were free in issue 147 of Papercraft Inspirations magazine. I've printed them off at twice the size onto 120gsm Super Smooth paper.

So, looking for a character to match the theme, I came across this Gorjuss™ stamp -  'I found My Family in a book' - which I used for my Paperchains card last year. I thought this would work equally well for sewing, so this time I've drawn little stitch marks around the dolls.


She's coloured in with my Graph'It markers and then fussy cut.


To decorate the card I used some buttons from my mahoosive collection, and made some cotton reel embellishments using a stamp from a magazine freebie set. I coloured the card and some white cotton with my markers and wrapped the thread around the reels a few times, leaving the ends free. I tied the threads in a knot to keep them in one place.
 

The letters are stamped with Retro alphabet stamps from My Sentiments Exactly and outlined with a black fineliner pen.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #275 Sew Charming (stitching on dolls)
Simply Create Too #107- Use Stitching (real or faux)
 Melonheadz Friends Challenge Pastel colours
The Crazy Challenge #221 Buttons
Cardz 4 Galz # 21 Include a Button or 2 or More
Julia Spiri Challenge #17 Anything Goes with an optional twist of For a Child 

Please pop over to the Sugar Nellie blog to see some fabulous inspiration for this month's challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

14 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Kat that is gorgeous. Love the sewing theme, would so suit my mother-in-law! Gorgeous 'Gorjuss' girl and beautifully coloured. Love the buttons too! Yay for us newbies! Hugs, Wends x

Jane Royston said...

Congratulations Katrina! Another lovely card, I like the pastel tones in the background, they really make the girl stand out beautifully, Jane :) X

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is fabulous, one of my fave Gorjuss Girls and I love the sewing theme and colours

Fikreta said...

very nice card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Cazro said...

Sew clever, I love your connection with the sewing and the buttons. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

TRACEY MO said...

Very cute love that image

Thanks for joining us at simply create too
Tracey dt.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful x

JayBe said...

Such a pretty design, Kat - thanx for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Sue said...

Katrina, this is a beautiful card - such a clever sewing themed design and beautifully put together - I adore those buttons. I am so pleased for you. Sugar nellie is a wonderful DT to be part of - wishing you all the very best.
Sue...xxx

Stefi said...

Fabulos card! I like the image and colors! Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge! Good luck!
Stefi DT

Michelle said...

This is so stunning. Gorgeous colours and details. Thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Julie B said...

Those buttons are just the thing to go with your sweet sewing theme card.
Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Galz. :)

EriEs said...

So beautiful - love the Gorjuss Girl and how you colored her. Thank you for joining our challenge 17 at Julia Spiri challenge blog, Erika NRT

Julie Odil said...

Aw, this is so cute! Thanks for joining us this time at the Julia Spiri Challenge blog! I hope to see you again next time! Julie, DT member