Tuesday 7 March 2017

Delightful Daisies for LOTV

Hello lovely peeps, and welcome to my two new followers :o)


Just popping in to remind you that you still have one week left to enter this month's Lili of the Valley challenge, where the theme is Flowers

For today's card I've used the gorgeous 'Delightful Daisies' stamp, and also managed to use a few other goodies that I bought at the Farnborough show.

First I stamped the image onto watercolor card with Black Archival ink, and then coloured it in with Distress Inks splodged onto a tile.


Jug: weathered wood, abandoned coral
Mice: vintage photo
Pot: tea dye
Flowers: scattered straw, shabby shutters, peeled paint


I die-cut the coloured image with an X-cut circle die and cut a slightly larger circle in co-ordinating green card. As I wanted a bit of a shabby-chic look I dabbed around the edge of the green with Titanium White acrylic paint and roughened it with scissors.



I cut down an 8"x8" paper from the Blissful Cotton pad by Anna Marie Designs to fit a 6"x6" card, roughened the edges with my scissors and then coloured them with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink


To balance up the card a little I cut out a couple of the flowers from the scrap


and glued them in the bottom left corner


I only bought 2 metres of this lovely mesh at the show so I'm being very thrifty with it (some might say pathologically so, lol) and only cut off as much as would show on the finished card.


I got this lovely material at the Farnborough show too, it has small white dots and glitter all over it.


 I cut some down to make a strip of ribbon which I then attached over the hessian.


I stamped a couple of Lili of the Valley sentiment tags onto white card and edged them with some Old Paper Distress Ink


I poked holes in the tags and threaded some ivory twine through before glueing them on to my card next to a simple bow (I just tied a knot in a strip of the ribbon material)


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
The Ribbon Girls March any card
Art Impressions Stamp Challenge #203 Let's watercolour
In The Pink #114 For a special lady
Noor Spring
The Crazy Challenge #243 We love animals
Double D Challenges Think spring
Eclectic Ellapu - Spring colours and/or Easter
Artistic Stampers  Springtime

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

14 comments:

Lia said...

Katrina, this card is amazing! Ilove the image and the way you coloured it with Distress inks.
Lia xx

hollyberry said...

Beautiful card,lovely cute mice and love your colouring. Nicola xxx

Fikreta said...

very sweet!

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Dot J Freel said...

Very cute!

katieo said...

So pretty. I love the way you added dimension to the card with lots of fun embellisments

Diane said...

Super cute, cute card and image!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

What a sweet creation! Love all the different textures and dimension! Beautiful springtime card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Sharon Caudle said...

What an adorable card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Art Impressions!

Vicki said...

Lovely card, Katrina! Beautiful design and pastel colors. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Think Spring" Challenge.

Creaine said...

Love this!! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely work! Thank you so much for sharing at Noor Design UK and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

Laurian said...

Such a delightful spring card, I love LOTV stamps!
Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this month and come back soon!
Hugz
Laurian DT

Gemma Hynes said...

Very cute card, thanks for joining in this months challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog