Saturday 4 June 2016

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date

Hello again peeps


 Have you seen the new collection 'Winnie in Wonderland' at Polkadoodles?
 It is fabulous, and you are going to LUURRVE the papers.

http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/winnie-in-wonderland-cdrom-printable-digital-card-scrap-collection/

I'll be back tomorrow with a card made with one of the more girly papers, but after spotting the white rabbit with a watch the first thing I wanted to make was a 'Sorry I'm Late' card.

I don't know about you but I am hopeless at sending cards on time, even if I've made them weeks in advance. For some reason I have an aversion to sending them too early, and then before I know it their birthday/anniversary/exam etc. has arrived and their card is still sitting on my craft desk. Oops!

A large batch of these would definitely come in handy :)
So, to make my card I dragged one of the backing papers into CraftArtist (did I mention they are gorgeous?) and then added the black and white version of the white rabbit with a little drop-shadow. With the Smarty Pants font I added the lyrics from "I'm late, I'm late...." which apparently features in the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland, and created the sentiment separately using the same font .

I coloured in the rabbit with Promarkers
Fur: Ice Grey1-3
Waistcoat: Umber and Plum Preserve 
Coat: Walnut, Chestnut, Cinnamon and blender
Watch: Pastel Beige and Mustard


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Inkspirational #110 Text
The Male Room #36 Critters/Bugs
I love Promarkers #310 Inspired By A Song Or Film
Creative Craft Cottages Challenges #64 Include an animal
Sparkles Forum Challenges # 80 Animal Magic
Passion For Promarkers Challenge  #348 Furry Friends 

The Stamping Boutique #83 Furry Friends 
Tinker- Dream  #41 Fantasy 
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper  Anything goes with Patterned Paper

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll be able to come back again tomorrow
Katrina x

19 comments:

Sarah said...

This is wonderful!! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Katrina, I love the rabbit
Kevin xx

Elaine Stark said...

A great card. I thought I was the only one who made cards in advance then forgot to send them. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Planetsusie said...

Whilst I was commenting on the Crafty Calendar DT card I saw this one and just had to say that I think this is truly amazing. The background papers are great - I'm very envious! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Kerri said...

love love it!!!!

Fikreta said...

great card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

anncreatief said...

Lovely design and colours and a great card for our challenge, many thanks for joining in with our CC&C challenge. Good luck
Anneke

Anonymous said...

Fabulous x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TSB, good luck!!! Amy DT

Ali said...

I love this!! Thanks for playing at Passion for Promarkers xx

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Katrina. Your image is gorgeous and your colouring is amazing. Great background too. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for Shelly's 'furry friends' challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

Eileen said...

I do wish people wouldn't advertise on blogs !!!!!!! The only good thing is that it's Digichoose day tomorrow, and you can probably guess what I will be buying. I LOVE this rabbit and it would be used well by me because I am late for everything.
Thanks for joining in with our 'Furry
Friends challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, and good luck
Eileen :)

Olga Fink said...

Such a beautiful card!
xx Olga

Louise van Vuren said...

What a brilliant image for a card that's a little bit late, superbly coloured too. Really love this card so thanks for sharing with us in TMR
Louise xx

Deborah Frings said...

I think the white rabbit makes for a perfect card! Sorry to be so late commenting, but thanks so much for playing along with our Critters challenge at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.

Lizzies said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us over on the ILP challenge

Sandy said...

Wow, a really great crad! It's funny and you colored it super!
Thanks for playing with Bastel-Traum.
hugz

cm said...

What a fabulous card featuring Alice's white rabbit; 'late for a date' appears to be my theme these days as well! The text: incorporated so beautifully! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I like the background paper that compliments the White Rabbit theme. Have a Bee-utiful day!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"